All forms are available on the Gov.uk website. The following links will bring you to the relevant pages on that website for up-to-date versions of the forms. The T129 (legal representation and tribunal doctor form) and T131-144 (all the report proformas) were updated on 3/10/18 to include GDPR information. Restructured T110 (application) and T111 (referral) forms were published on 19/10/18.
- Form T110: Application to First-tier Tribunal (Mental Health) Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) — Application for for everything except guardianship cases.
- Form T116 Guardianship: Guardianship - Application to First-tier Tribunal (Mental Health) Mental Health Act 1983 (As Amended) — Application form for guardianship cases only.
- Form T111: Referral to First-tier Tribunal (Mental Health) Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) — Referral form. See s67 for details of when and how to use this form.
Case management request
- Form T113: Case management request — Use for interlocutory matters: (1) directions; (2) postponement; (3) prohibition of disclosure of information; (4) pre-hearing examination; (5) permission to withdraw an application; (6) other. (CMR1)
- Form T128: Options for your tribunal referral hearing — This is the form which is sent to CTO patients inviting them to cancel their tribunal referral oral hearings (and have a paper review instead). This form contains the declaration: "I understand that the First-tier Tribunal (Mental Health) is going to look at my case and, if I do not wish to attend or be represented at a hearing, then the tribunal may reach a decision on my case without a hearing." It asks the questions: (1) Do you wish to attend a tribunal hearing? and (2) Do you wish your legal representative to attend the hearing on your behalf?
- Form T129: Your rights to legal representation and to see the tribunal doctor — This form asks: (1) If you do not have a legal representative, would you like the tribunal office to appoint one on your behalf? (2) Do you wish to see the tribunal doctor before your hearing?
- Form HQ1: Hearing questionnaire 1 - To the patient's representative and to the responsible authority — Hearing questionnaire for all cases except guardianship.
- Form HQ1 Guardianship: Hearing questionnaire 1 - To the patient's representative, the local social services authority and guardian (if not the LSSA) — Hearing questionnaire for guardianship cases only.
- Form HQ2: Hearing Questionnaire 2 — No longer used.
- Form T144: Victim's representations to the Tribunal — This form allows the victim to provide representations on: (1) the tribunal's decision: (a) whether the patient should, in the event of their discharge or release from detention, be subject to any conditions; (b) if so, what particular conditions should be imposed, and (c) if the patient is already subject to a conditional discharge, whether the same or different conditions are now required; (2) disclosure of representations to the patient; (3) victim's attendance at the hearing.
- Form P9: Application to set aside a decision or part of a decision (Rule 45) — Form for Tribunal rule 45 challenge.
- Form P10: Application for permission to appeal (Rule 46) — Application for permission to appeal First-tier Tribunal decision under Tribunal rule 46.
- Form T114: Witness expenses and guidelines — Expenses form.
- Form T135: Social circumstances report: Supplementary information required for patients under the age of 18
- T121: Information for restricted patients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended by the Mental Health Act 2007)
- MHT, 'Guidance Booklet: Reports for Mental Health Tribunals' (published 7/9/10, updated 4/4/12) (2012)
All forms are available on the MHRT for Wales website
New forms and guidance documents were created, and translated into Welsh, in April and May 2017:
- MHRTW-01: Application to the tribunal†
- MHRTW-02: Nearest Relative Application†
- MHRTW-03: Attendance Form†
- MHRTW-04: Expenses claim - witness†
- MHRTW-05: Permission for Appeal Application Form†
- MHRTW-06: Guidance - Applying to the Tribunal†
- MHRTW-07: Guidance - Referrals†
- MHRTW-08: Guidance - The Tribunal Hearing†
- MHRTW-09: Guidance - Nearest Relative Information†
- MHRTW-10: Guidance - Provision of Reports to the Tribunal†
- MHRTW-11: Guidance - Report Layout and Content†
- MHRTW-12: Guidance - Expenses claim - Witness†
- MHRTW-13: Guidance - The Tribunal’s Powers†
- MHRTW-14: Guidance - Permission for Appeal†
- MHRTW-15: Publications Register†
- MHRTW-16: List of words†
- MHRTW-17: Eligibility Criteria†
- MHRTW-18: Request to Withdraw application†
- MHRTW-18A: Guidance - Request to Withdraw application†
These forms are available on the Upper Tribunal forms page