Statistics - NHS Digital - Other
- NHSIC, 'Routine Quarterly Mental Health Minimum Dataset Reports, Final Q1 and Provisional Q2 2011/12 summary statistics and related information' (28/2/12)
- NHS Information Centre, 'Mental Health Bulletin - Fifth report from Mental Health Minimum Dataset (MHMDS) annual returns, 2011' (29/11/11)
- NHS Information Centre, 'Social Care and Mental Health Indicators from the National Indicator Set - 2009-10 Final release' (various documents, 20/4/11)
- NHS Information Centre, 'Mental Health Bulletin - Fourth report from Mental Health Minimum Dataset (MHMDS) annual returns, 2010' (11/1/11). Two of the key facts are that (1) 'The number of people who spent time in a mental health hospital rose by 5.1 per cent - the first increase in five years'; and (2) 'This rise was due to a 30.1 per cent rise in the number of people being compulsorily detained in hospital under the Mental Health Act, from 32,649 in 2008/9 to 42,479 in 2009/10. Some part of this increase was due to improved recording between 2008/09 and 2009/10, because a small number of trusts failed to provide MHA information in 2008/09. On a like for like basis, excluding the data for trusts that failed to return information in 2008/09, there was an estimated increase of about 17.5 per cent in the number of people being detained under the MHA - from 32,649 to 38,369.'
- NHS Information Centre: Social Care and Mental Health Indicators from the National Indicator Set - further analysis, final, England 2008-09 - 28/4/10