Tribunal Procedure Committee
"The Tribunal Procedure Committee makes rules governing the practice and procedure in the First-tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal." (from TPC web page)
- Abolish PHEs - paper hearings for references. Tribunal Procedure Committee, 'Proposal to amend the Tribunal Procedure (First-Tier Tribunal) (Health, Education and Social Care Chamber) Rules 2008' (consultation from 22/3/18 to 11/6/18) — Minutes of 6/6/18 meeting, including discussions about proposed rule changes (relating to pre-hearing examinations and paper hearings) and litigation friends.
- Longer listing window for s2 cases. Tribunal Procedure Committee, 'Possible amendments to the Tribunal Procedure (FTT) (HESC) Rules 2008' (consultation about s2 listing, from 21/6/22 to 16/8/22) — The tribunal always had 7 days to list s2 cases but during the coronavirus pandemic this was extended temporarily to 10 days. The consultation question is: "Do you agree that the proposed change to rule 37 of the HESC Rules, to permit section 2 MHA cases to be listed within 10 days of the date on which the MHT receives the application notice, should be made permanent? If not, why not?" See response: Tribunal Procedure Committee, 'Reply from the Tribunal Procedure Committee' (following consultation on changes to section 2 listing, 19/10/22).
All documents in database authored by TPC:
- Gov.uk website TPC "About us" page - including minutes
- Tribunal Procedure Committee, 'Minutes' (6/6/18) — Minutes of 6/6/18 meeting, including discussions about proposed rule changes (relating to pre-hearing examinations and paper hearings) and litigation friends.
- Tribunal Procedure Committee, 'Minutes' (25/7/18) — Minutes of 25/7/18 meeting, including the news that the proposals to abolish pre-hearing medical examinations and to reduce the number of oral hearings had been abandoned (the context for this included the ongoing MHA review, Rethink's FOI requests and the overwhelmingly negative response to the consultation).