This page lists newsletters (and other similar resources) which relate to mental health and capacity law. You can keep up to date via Mental Health Law Online via the links at the top of the page (email updates etc).
39 Essex Chambers
- Browne Jacobson, 'MCA and DOLS Update Webinar' (April 2013). This webinar covers balancing best interest decisions with allocation of limited resources, looks at 3 MCA cases (on marriage, sterilisation and medical futility), and reviews the latest law on what a deprivation of liberty is.
- Mark Barnett, 'Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty safeguards case law update - February 2016' (Browne Jacobson webinar, 26/2/16) . This webinar covers three cases: (1) Birmingham City Council v D  EWCOP 8,  MHLO 5, which looks at whether parental consent is enough to authorise a deprivation of liberty of a 16 year old; (2) North Yorkshire County Council v MAG M (on appeal from North Yorkshire County Council v MAG  EWCOP 64,  MHLO 69), a decision on the extent of the Court’s powers and choosing from available options; (3) WBC v Z M, a case concerning the fine line between unwise decisions and lack of capacity.
- Ben Troke, 'Court of Protection and deprivation of liberty update - a "perfect storm" coming?' (Browne Jacobson website, 15/12/16)
37 Park Square
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 8, May 2013)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 9, June/July 2013)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 10, 14/10/13)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 11, 23/12/13)†
- 37 Park Square, 'COP E-lerter' (issue 12, May 2004) - link will be replaced shortly
Peter Edwards Law
- DOLS case law summaries. Aasya Mughal and Steven Richards, 'Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Case Law Summary 2017-19' (June 2019 edition, 10/6/19) — This two-page document summarises selected domestic and European caselaw on deprivation of liberty (not just those between 2017 and 2019). There is a newer version: Aasya Mughal and Steven Richards, 'Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Case Law Summary' (May 2020 edition, 21/5/20).
Samantha Bangham, 'Samantha Bangham's month in cases October 2013' (Family Law website, 30/10/13). Court of Protection cases.