Coroners hold inquests into the causes and circumstances of death where the death was violent or unnatural or took place in prison or police custody or when the cause of death is still uncertain after a post-mortem.
Need to check these:
- Ministry of Justice: Coroners
- HundredFamilies.org: Practical information for families affected by mental health homicides in Britain - website linked to the "Why did you kill my dad?" BBC television documentary
- The Coroners' Society of England and Wales
- Direct.gov.uk: Coroners, post-mortems and inquests
- Ministry of Justice, 'Summary of Reports and Responses under Rule 43 of the Coroners Rules March 2011' (March 2011)
- Guardian: Intervening behind closed doors - 31/3/10 - Mayan Coomeraswamy