Cover - Annual Review 2021.jpg

Legal Aid forms

All the legal aid forms can be obtained from the Government website; they change fairly regularly so check there for updates.

Changes to forms

Para 3.12 of the 2018 Standard Civil Contract Specification states: "We may amend the Application Forms from time to time upon giving at least 28 days' notice to you." Occasionally forms have been changed without notice, but the LAA have always commenced the notice period from when notification under the contract was belatedly made.

Form CW 1&2 MH

At the time of writing the following is the latest form. The page contains a link to the LAA website, which should redirect to whatever is the current form.

  • Mental health Legal Aid form. Legal Aid Agency, 'Form CW 1&2 MH' (v16, 24/11/21) — The amendment is that the Privacy Notice now states: "It may sometimes be necessary to transfer personal information overseas. When this is needed, information may be transferred to: the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries including the USA. Safeguards will be put in place to help protect the personal data transferred. Such transfers will be kept to the minimum required to provide our service." (the extra words are in italics). This form is optional until 11/3/22 and mandatory after that.

External links

  • Government website: EC-CLAIM 1: escape fee case claim form. "Forms and checklists to submit escape fee case claims under the 4 different categories." The following documents are relevant to mental health law: (1) LAA, 'EC-CLAIM 1 MH: escape fee case claim form - mental health' (v8, April 2015); (2) LAA, 'Escape claim checklist - mental health' (v1.4, September 2016).


What links here: