Legal Aid forms
All the legal aid forms can be obtained from the Government website; they change fairly regularly so check there for updates.
Changes to forms
Para 3.12 of the 2018 Standard Civil Contract Specification states: "We may amend the Application Forms from time to time upon giving at least 28 days' notice to you." Occasionally forms have been changed without notice, but the LAA have always commenced the notice period from when notification under the contract was belatedly made.
Form CW 1&2 MH
At the time of writing the following is the latest form. The page contains a link to the LAA website, which should redirect to whatever is the current form.
- Mental health Legal Aid form. Legal Aid Agency, 'Form CW 1&2 MH' (v17, dated June 2022, published 13/7/22) — This form, with an amended privacy notice, can be used from 13/7/22. The old form may also be used until 15/10/22.
- Government website: Controlled work application forms. "Forms to apply for legal aid in controlled work cases, including immigration and mental health, family mediation and appeals."
- Government website: Mental health: CLR, enhanced rates and review of refusal. "Controlled work application forms: representation - CW1&2 (MH), enhanced rates - CWC (MH), review of refusal or withdrawal - CW4 (MH)."
- Government website: Civil legal aid application forms. "Forms and guidance to apply for legal aid in civil and family cases, as well as certificates, notices, proceeding codes, and judicial review."
- Government website: Legal aid: submit a claim. "Use claim forms or claim online, eg using CCMS, to get paid for all aspects of legal aid work; find guidance and help with submissions."
- Government website: EC-CLAIM 1: escape fee case claim form. "Forms and checklists to submit escape fee case claims under the 4 different categories." The following documents are relevant to mental health law: (1) LAA, 'EC-CLAIM 1 MH: escape fee case claim form - mental health' (v8, April 2015); (2) LAA, 'Escape claim checklist - mental health' (v1.4, September 2016).