High secure hospital
There are three high secure hospitals in England & Wales: Broadmoor, Rampton and Ashworth.
- s123 (transfers to and from special hospitals, now repealed)
- s134(2) (correspondence of patients).
- Safety and Security in Ashworth, Broadmoor and Rampton Hospitals Directions 2000
- West London MH NHS Trust, 'Policy A6: Admissions Panel Operational Policy (Broadmoor Hospital)' (3/6/15)†
- Ashworth document (broken link)
- Rampton document (broken link)
Jimmy Savile and Broadmoor:
- Soundcloud: clips from Jerry Sadowitz's 1987 Gobshite album and 2011 Leeds gig (not for the faint hearted). It will be interesting to see which allegations make the news: '... a gangster, a villain, a murderer, a rapist, a ... paedophile, a necrophiliac, a gerontophiliac, into ... bestiality, hung round with his pals in Broadmoor ...'
- Ether Addley et al, 'Jimmy Savile: nurse's Broadmoor claim adds to 'cascade' of abuse allegations' (Guardian, 11/10/12)
- Richard Alleyne, 'Sir Jimmy Savile organised all-girl "therapeutic" parties at Broadmoor' (Telegraph, 16/10/12)