Court of Protection Practice Directions
- Practice Direction 10A (Deprivation of liberty applications) introduced for DOLS matters
- COP Practice Direction: Preparation of Bundles — The draft Practice Direction has been amended and is now Practice Direction 13B: Court Bundles. It applies to all Court of Protection hearings from 1/5/12. See Court of Protection Practice Directions for others.
- Three Court of Protection Practice Directions were amended on 25/11/11:
- Practice Direction 10AA (Deprivation of liberty applications) has been amended to reflect fact that the Court of Protection has moved. The DOLS Application Branch's new contact details are: Court of Protection, Royal Courts of Justice, Thomas More Building, Strand, London WC2A 2LL, DX 44450 Strand, tel 0300 456 4600. The PD also contains a new internet address for the relevant court forms.
- Practice Direction 14B (Depositions) has similarly been updated to reflect the new address.
- Practice Direction 19A (Costs in the Court of Protection) has been amended to replace 'Supreme Court Costs Office' with 'Senior Court Costs Office'.
- Practice Direction 3A (Authorised Court Officers) comes into force on 12/12/11 at the same time as Court of Protection (Amendment) Rules 2011
- Judiciary website, 'Court of Protection: draft Case Management Pilot Practice Direction' (2/3/16) . This web page contains information about, and links to, two draft Practice Directions: "Practice Direction: Case Management Pilot" and "Practice Direction: Section 49 Reports Pilot". Comments on the drafts are invited. The final Practice Directions are expected to come into force in June 2016.
- Judiciary website, 'Court of Protection Transparency Pilot for increased access for public and media 2016' (28/1/16) . This web page contains the following documents: (1) Court of Protection: Transparency Pilot - Background note (2015); (2) Court of Protection Practice Direction: Transparency Pilot (January 2016); (3) Court of Protection: Transparency Pilot - Cause list descriptors (19 January 2016); (4) Court of Protection Pilots - Note from the Vice President to judges; (5) HMCTS Q and A Court of Protection Pilot.