Changes made by MHA 2007
This is the "Changes made by MHA 2007" category. See the menu to view its pages.
This category contains articles about the various changes made by the Mental Health Act 2007, most of which came into force on 3/11/08.
The following 37 pages are in this category.
- Abnormally aggressive or seriously irresponsible conduct is only a consideration for learning disability (not personality disorder)
- Additional safeguards for ECT introduced in new s58A
- Appropriate treatment test replaces treatability test and applies to all patients under long-term detention
- Approved Mental Health Professional replaces Approved Social Worker
- Automatic reference scheme under s68 changed
- New cross-border arrangements for leave and transfer
- New definition of medical treatment
- New Independent Mental Health Advocate scheme
- New procedure for renewal of detention
- New regulations on conflicts of interest
- New requirements for age-appropriate accommodation for children
- NHS Foundation Trusts discharge power problem remedied