Part II contents
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12ZA, 12ZB, 12ZC, 12A, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 17A, 17B, 17C, 17D, 17E, 17F, 17G, 18, 19, 19A, 20, 20A, 20B, 21, 21A, 21B, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
I, II, III, IV, 4A, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, Schedules
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.0.11: Warning: No results.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Regulations as to assignment of responsibility for community patients
[19A.—(1) Responsibility for a community patient may be assigned to another hospital in such circumstances and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by regulations made by the Secretary of State (if the responsible hospital is in England) or the Welsh Ministers (if that hospital is in Wales).
(2) If responsibility for a community patient is assigned to another hospital—
- (a) the application for admission for treatment in respect of the patient shall have effect (subject to section 17D above) as if it had always specified that other hospital;
- (b) the patient shall be treated as if he had been admitted to that other hospital at the time when he was originally admitted in pursuance of the application (and as if he had subsequently been discharged under section 17A above from there); and
- (c) that other hospital shall become "the responsible hospital" in relation to the patient for the purposes of this Act.]
- ↑ Mental Health Act 2007 s32 & sch 3; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 7 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2008 wef 3/11/08. Note that for the purpose only of making regulations the new section came into force on 1/4/08: Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 4) Order 2008