Effect of community treatment order
[17D.—(1) The application for admission for treatment in respect of a patient shall not cease to have effect by virtue of his becoming a community patient.
(2) But while he remains a community patient—
- (a) the authority of the managers to detain him under section 6(2) above in pursuance of that application shall be suspended; and
- (b) reference (however expressed) in this or any other Act, or in any subordinate legislation (within the meaning of the Interpretation Act 1978), to patients liable to be detained, or detained, under this Act shall not include him.
(3) And section 20 below shall not apply to him while he remains a community patient.
(4) Accordingly, authority for his detention shall not expire during any period in which that authority is suspended by virtue of subsection (2)(a) above.]