Part II contents
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 12ZA, 12ZB, 12ZC, 12A, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 17A, 17B, 17C, 17D, 17E, 17F, 17G, 18, 19, 19A, 20, 20A, 20B, 21, 21A, 21B, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34
I, II, III, IV, 4A, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, Schedules
Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.0.11: Warning: No results.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Provision of information for the purposes of section 12ZA or 12ZB
[12ZC.—(1) A relevant person may provide another person with such information as the relevant person considers necessary or appropriate for or in connection with—
- (a) the exercise of an approval function; or
- (b) the exercise by the Secretary of State of the power—
- (i) to enter into an agreement under section 12ZA;
- (ii) to impose a requirement under section 12ZB; or
- (iii) to give an instruction under section 12ZA(5) or 12ZB(4).
(2) The relevant persons are—
- (a) the Secretary of State;
- (b) a person who is a party to an agreement under section 12ZA; or
- (c) if the Secretary of State imposes a requirement under section 12ZB on the National Health Service Commissioning Board or a Special Health Authority, the Board or (as the case may be) Special Health Authority.
(3) This section, in so far as it authorises the provision of information by one relevant person to another relevant person, has effect notwithstanding any rule of common law which would otherwise prohibit or restrict the provision.
(4) In this section, “information”includes documents and records.
- ↑ Health and Social Care Act 2012 s38; Health and Social Care Act 2012 (Commencement No.4, Transitional, Savings and Transitory Provisions) Order 2013 wef 1/4/13