MHA 1983 s31
Mental Health Act 2007
- This section is not changed by the Mental Health Act 2007.
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
- Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983, 19. Guardianship and guardianship orders, 33. Nearest relatives — paragraphs 19.132 to 19.133 and 33.63
Procedure on applications to county court
31. County court rules which relate to applications authorised by this Part of this Act to be made to a county court may make provision—
- (a) for the hearing and determination of such applications otherwise than in open court;
- (b) for the admission on the hearing of such applications of evidence of such descriptions as may be specified in the rules notwithstanding anything to the contrary in any enactment or rule of law relating to the admissibility of evidence;
- (c) for the visiting and interviewing of patients in private by or under the directions of the court.