Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.0.11: Warning: No results.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
[17B.—(1) A community treatment order shall specify conditions to which the patient is to be subject while the order remains in force.
(2) But, subject to subsection (3) below, the order may specify conditions only if the responsible clinician, with the agreement of the approved mental health professional mentioned in section 17A(4)(b) above, thinks them necessary or appropriate for one or more of the following purposes—
(3) The order shall specify—
(4) The responsible clinician may from time to time by order in writing vary the conditions specified in a community treatment order.
(5) He may also suspend any conditions specified in a community treatment order.
(6) If a community patient fails to comply with a condition specified in the community treatment order by virtue of subsection (2) above, that fact may be taken into account for the purposes of exercising the power of recall under section 17E(1) below.
(7) But nothing in this section restricts the exercise of that power to cases where there is such a failure.]