All the legal aid forms can be obtained from the Ministry of Justice website; they change fairly regularly so check there for updates.
At the time of writing, the most recent forms are optional from 4/8/14 and mandatory from 1/9/14 (further details of transitional provisions are on the MOJ website). New versions have been published for: CIVAPP1, 3, 5, 6, 8 & 8A; ADMIN1; MEANS1, 2 (+ guides), MEANS3; CIVCLAIM1, 1A, 5 & 5A; CW1&2, 3, 4, & CWC(MH); ECLAIM1(CIV), (MH) & (IMM). From 4/8/14 only these forms can be signed. Old forms signed before then should be submitted before 31/8/13 to avoid rejection.
Where to send
At the time of writing, the most recent guidance on where to send forms is dated February 2014.
[Update this section - names etc.]
Controlled work forms
The main ones are:
- "Controlled Work 1 & 2 Mental Health"
- "Controlled Work Counsel - Mental Health" (an application for Prior Authority to incur enhanced rates for counsel)
- "EC Claim 1: Exceptional Cases"
Certificate work forms
These are required for judicial reviews and some other matters. The non-family application forms are:
- "CLS APP 1 Application for CLS Funding Certificate: Legal Representation"
- "CLS APP 6 Emergency application via fax"
- "CLS APP 8 Application for amendment or prior authority in civil cases"
- "CLS APP 11 Application for discharge"
These are required in conjunction with the certificate application forms. The main ones are:
- "CLS MEANS 2: Means assessment form for people who receive Income Support" - for clients on IS, income-based JSA, income-based Employment and Support Allowance or Guarantee Credit.
- "CLS MEANS 1: Financial assessment form" - for clients who can't fill in MEANS2. There are some associated forms (e.g. CLS MEANS 1A, 1B, 1C, L17) which may be relevant, depending on employment circumstances.
- ↑ Ministry of Justice website: Civil Forms
- ↑ MOJ website: Updates to civil legal aid forms (accessed 1/8/14)
- ↑ Legal Aid Agency, 'Where to send civil work from 17/2/14' (February 2014)†