Hill Dickinson LLP, Manchester - Healthcare Advisory Associate (listed until 24/9/21)
Job Role: Associate
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, 9am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
As the winner of Working Families’ ‘Best UK employer for Flexible Working Award 2020’, we are happy to consider flexible working opportunities to help you balance your work and home life.
Department: Healthcare Advisory
Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 840 people including 175 partners and legal directors, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
Hill Dickinson acts as a trusted adviser to a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
At Hill Dickinson we understand that incentives go far beyond a good salary, so we have created a comprehensive benefits package tailored around our people.
Here are some examples of what we offer:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Birthday privilege day and Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy, sell and carryover scheme
- 2 charity volunteering or pro bono days
- Flexible, agile and home working
- Permanent health insurance
- Flexible pension scheme
- Enhanced family leave policies
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
- Dress for your day policy
- Training and development opportunities
- Financial contribution towards home working equipment
Introduction to the role:
The role will involve undertaking a wide range of advisory and mental health work for the NHS and other public and private organisations operating in the health and social care sector.
The candidate will work with other lawyers practicing in the healthcare sector and will be expected to identify new products and work streams relevant to clients and develop new business.
Introduction to the team:
This role provides the opportunity to join the fastest growing part of Hill Dickinson – the Health Business Group - and support the Head of Health Andrew Craggs and his team. With a team of over 100 lawyers and national coverage we are one of the leading firms providing legal advice and supporting the NHS and independent healthcare organisations.
- Court of Protection, treatment and best interest cases
- Advising on public law issues such as public and patient involvement and consultation, governance and constitutional issues, judicial review and human rights
- Advising on matters of general healthcare law including patient complaints, SUI and Ombudsman investigations, and a variety of other health sector legislation and guidance including mental health
- Inquests including interest in advocacy
- Advising on care standards legislation and practice and information governance matters
What we are looking for
- Law Degree (or equivalent)
- Familiarity with issues relevant to organisations in the health and social care sector
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work flexibly and proactively
- Excellent communication/client service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience of Court of Protection work
For further details, see the Hill Dickinson page of the All Hires website.