Public Guardian (Fees, etc.) (Amendment) Regulations 2011
These regulations, amongst other changes, increase the LPA/EPA registration fee from £120 to £130. See Explanatory Notes for details. In force 1/10/11.
Official Explanatory Note
These Regulations amend the Public Guardian (Fees, etc) 2007 Regulations by—
- amending the title for the fees payable under regulations 4 and 5 to reflect their being payable for the “application” of the specified instruments (regulations 3 and 4(a));
- introducing a reduced fee for repeat application where an application for registration of a lasting power of attorney is made on or after 1st October 2011 and subsequently rejected as invalid and the applicant submits a repeat application within the specified time limit (regulation 4);
- removing the fee for search of the registers of the Office of the Public Guardian (regulation 5);
- removing regulation 7 and the fee for appointment of a Deputy and substituting for that fee one for assessing the level of supervision and making consequential amendments (regulations 6, 7(a), (b), (d) and (g) and 9);
- removing the reference to the current “Types” of supervision levels and making provision for two categories of supervision and supervision fees including consequential amendments (regulation 7(c), (e), (f) and (g));
- providing that there can be no exemptions in relation to an office copy fee (regulation 8);
- increasing the fees for an application to register an enduring power of attorney and a lasting power of attorney (from £120 to £130) (regulation 10(a) and (b)); introducing a reduced repeat application fee of £65.00 to register a lasting power of attorney (regulation 10(c)); increasing the fee for an office copy of a lasting power of attorney from £25 to £35.00 (regulation 10(d)); removing the fee for searching the registers of the Office of the Public Guardian (regulation 10(e)); substituting the fee for appointment of a Deputy with a fee for assessing the supervision level of a Deputy (regulation 10(f)); removing the reference to type I (highest), type IIA (intermediate) and type II (lower) levels of supervision including the associated fees and introducing a new “general” level of supervision fee of £320.00 (regulation 10(g), (h) and (i)) and introducing a new “minimal” level of supervision fee of £35.00 and removing the reference to type III (minimal) level of supervision including the associated fee (regulation 10(i) and (j)).