MHA 1983 s17D
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
- Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983, 15. Supervised Community Treatment [Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide][Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide]
Effect of community treatment order
[17D.—(1) The application for admission for treatment in respect of a patient shall not cease to have effect by virtue of his becoming a community patient.
(2) But while he remains a community patient—
- (a) the authority of the managers to detain him under section 6(2) above in pursuance of that application shall be suspended; and
- (b) reference (however expressed) in this or any other Act, or in any subordinate legislation (within the meaning of the Interpretation Act 1978), to patients liable to be detained, or detained, under this Act shall not include him.
(3) And section 20 below shall not apply to him while he remains a community patient.
(4) Accordingly, authority for his detention shall not expire during any period in which that authority is suspended by virtue of subsection (2)(a) above.]