Duty of managers of hospitals to give information to community patients
[132A.—(1) The managers of the responsible hospital shall take such steps as are practicable to ensure that a community patient understands—
- (a) the effect of the provisions of this Act applying to community patients; and
- (b) what rights of applying to a [tribunal] are available to him in that capacity;
and those steps shall be taken as soon as practicable after the patient becomes a community patient.
(2) The steps to be taken under subsection (1) above shall include giving the requisite information both orally and in writing.
(3) The managers of the responsible hospital shall, except where the community patient otherwise requests, take such steps as are practicable to furnish the person (if any) appearing to them to be his nearest relative with a copy of any information given to him in writing under subsection (1) above; and those steps shall be taken when the information is given to the patient or within a reasonable time thereafter.]
- ↑ Transfer of Tribunal Functions Order 2008 wef 3/11/08
- ↑ Mental Health Act 2007 s32 & sch 3; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 7 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2008 wef 3/11/08