Family relationships etc.
27.—(1) Nothing in this Act permits a decision on any of the following matters to be made on behalf of a person-
- (a) consenting to marriage or a civil partnership,
- (b) consenting to have sexual relations,
- (c) consenting to a decree of divorce being granted on the basis of two years' separation,
- (d) consenting to a dissolution order being made in relation to a civil partnership on the basis of two years' separation,
- (e) consenting to a child's being placed for adoption by an adoption agency,
- (f) consenting to the making of an adoption order,
- (g) discharging parental responsibilities in matters not relating to a child's property,
- (h) giving a consent under the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990 (c. 37) [,
- (i) giving a consent under the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 2008.]
(2) "Adoption order" means-
- (a) an adoption order within the meaning of the Adoption and Children Act 2002 (c. 38) (including a future adoption order), and
- (b) an order under section 84 of that Act (parental responsibility prior to adoption abroad).