Making an assessment application
30.—(1) An assessment application shall be made to the tribunal in writing signed by the patient or any person authorised by him to do so on his behalf.
(2) An assessment application shall indicate that it is made by or on behalf of a patient detained for assessment and shall wherever possible include the following information—
- (a) the name of the patient;
- (b) the address of the hospital or mental nursing home where the patient is detained;
- (c) the name and address of the patient’s nearest relative and his relationship to the patient;
- (d) the name and address of any representative authorised by the patient in accordance with rule 10 or, if none has yet been authorised, whether the patient intends to authorise a representative or wishes to conduct his own case.
(3) If any of the information specified in paragraph (2) is not included in the assessment application, it shall in so far as is practicable be provided by the responsible authority at the request of the tribunal.