6.—(1) In this Act—
- “the 1964 Act” means the M5 Criminal Procedure (Insanity) Act 1964;
- “the 1968 Act” means the M6 Criminal Appeal Act 1968;
- “the 1983 Act” means the M7 Mental Health Act 1983;
- “duly approved”, in relation to a registered medical practitioner, means approved for the purposes of section 12 of the 1983 Act by the Secretary of State as having special experience in the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorder.
- [“local probation board” means a local probation board established under section 4 of the Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000;]
(2) Other expressions used in this Act which are also used in the 1983 Act have the same meanings as in Part III of that Act; and references to that Act in sections 137 to 139 of that Act shall include references to Schedule 1 to this Act.
Definition of “local probation board” inserted by Criminal Justice and Court Services Act 2000
* This section reflects the law prior to the Domestic Violence Crime and Victims Act 2004