From Mental Health Law Online
This barristers' chambers produce good monthly updates on Court of Protection cases, which are available below. Older issues are available at 39 Essex Street Mental Capacity Law Newsletter archive.
39 Essex Street Updates
- Adrian Ward and Jill Stavert, 'Deprivation of liberty and adults with incapacity: a Scottish perspective' (January 2014)†
- 39 Essex Street, 'Good practice in the implementation of the DOLS safeguards, as drawn from the CQC's Report: Monitoring the use of the Mental Capacity Act Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards in 2012-13' (February 2014)†
- Ian Hunt, 'Adding a Bayes Leaf to the Law' (1/3/14).† Commentary on Mostyn J's approach to assessing and combining probabilities in Re D (a Child): A Local Authority v B and C  EWHC 121 (Fam).
- Alex Ruck Keene and Catherine Dobson, 'Deprivation of liberty in the hospital setting' (39 Essex Street, 10/4/14)†
- Alex Ruck Keene et al, 'Mental Capacity Law Guidance Note: A brief guide to carrying out capacity assessments' (31/3/14)†
- Alex Ruck Keene et al, 'Deprivation of Liberty after Cheshire West: key questions for social workers and medical practitioners' (April 2014)†
- Lucy Series et al, 'Mental Capacity Law Mental Discussion Paper: The Mental Capacity Act 2005, the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities: The Basics' (June 2014)†