Mental Health Law Online
The internet resource on mental health law, and mental capacity law, for England & Wales. You can read a review of the site here.
- 11/06/19: Event. Court of Protection User Group Meeting - London, 15/10/19 — See Court of Protection User Group for information about the group. Contact Tolu Somade, Business Support Officer to HHJ Hilder (tolulope.somade@Justice.gov.uk) to confirm attendance at the meeting. Time: 2pm.
- 11/06/19: COPUG minutes. Minutes of Court User Group Meeting (11/4/19) — (1) Apologies; (2) Minutes and Action points; (3) Court Manager's Report; (4) Update on the Mental Capacity Amendment Bills; (5) Response to correspondence; (6) Update on ALR scheme; (7) Contacting the court by telephone; (8) Update on progress of e-bundling; (9) COP9 papers not served; (10) COP General visitors using insecure IT equipment when visiting lay deputies; (11) Dealing with urgent applications; (12) Applications for authorities outside the standard terms of deputyship; (13) Request for consideration of a streamlined property and affairs process; (14) Amendment of property and affairs order templates to include reference to support for making decisions when P has capacity; (15) Naming solicitors in judgments; (16) Any other business. Next meeting: 15/10/19 at 1400, at First Avenue House.
- 11/06/19: DOLS case law summaries. Aasya Mughal and Steven Richards, 'Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Case Law Summary 2017-19' (June 2019 edition, 10/6/19) — This two-page document summarises selected domestic and European caselaw on deprivation of liberty (not just those between 2017 and 2019).
- 07/06/19: Event. Edge Training: MHA and MCA Interaction - London, 14/10/19 — This course aims to enable health and social care staff to consider the impact of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 on their work and its relationship to the use and application of the Mental Health Act 1983. Speaker: Steven Richards. Cost: £150.00 plus VAT. See Edge website for further details and booking information
- No current job adverts
Online CPD scheme providing 12 hours for £60: suitable for solicitors, barristers, psychiatrists, social workers and psychiatric nurses
The Magic Book is a database of contact details - please contribute to it (the process is quick and simple).
- Edge Training: Mental Capacity and Best Interests Assessments (Advanced) - London, 17/6/19
- PELT: Court of Protection Masterclass (new material) - Hoylake, 17/6/19
- Edge Training: Sexual relations, contraception, marriage and restricting contact - London, 17/6/19
- Edge Training: Hoarding and the Law - London, 21/6/19
- Edge Training: DOLS Authorised Signatories Training Course - London, 21/6/19
- Edge Training: DOLS MH Assessors Annual Refresher Course - London, 24/6/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - London, 28/6/19
- Edge Training: BIA Legal Update (Annual Refresher) - London, 1/7/19
- Edge Training: Level 3 Safeguarding Adults - London, 8/7/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - Manchester, 12/7/19
- MHLA: Panel course - London, 17/7/19 and 18/7/19
- Edge Training: BIA Legal Update (Annual Refresher) - London, 9/8/19
- MHLA: Foundation course - London, 28/8/19
- Edge Training: Understanding the Court of Protection - London, 30/9/19
- Edge Training: AMHP Legal Update - London, 7/10/19
- Edge Training: MHA and MCA Interaction - London, 14/10/19
- Court of Protection User Group Meeting - London, 15/10/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - Manchester, 18/10/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - London, 22/11/19
We benefit when you buy fromhaving come from this website