Mental Health Law Online
The internet resource on mental health law, and mental capacity law, for England & Wales. You can read a review of the site here.
- 13/08/19: Event. Northumbria University: The Legal Research Agenda for Medicine, Capacity and Mental Health: A Gap Analysis - Newcastle, 2/9/19 — "A Northumbria University Law School and North East Court of Protection Practitioners Association event, funded by the Society of Legal Scholars. The all day event will critically explore research gaps domestically and internationally in medical and mental health legislation and related practices. An overarching purpose of this research event is to effect advantageous change to the position of practitioners and patients in the medical and mental health context, including those involved in the criminal justice system. Speakers include leading academics and practitioners well placed to describe the shortcomings of the current legal system that they work within. Full details are contained in the programme." Free Admission. Register online to confirm your place and to access the full programme of events.
- 13/08/19: Event. PELT: Becoming a Mental Health Act Administrator - the Basics - Hoylake, 10/9/19 — "New course is designed to equip new or less experienced MHAAs with the tools to do their job effectively. It will assume little or no knowledge of the MHA." Price: £125 plus VAT (£150). See Peter Edwards Law Training website for further details and booking information.
- 13/08/19: Event. PELT: Advanced course for Mental Health Act Administrators - Hoylake, 11/9/19 — "This course assumes basic knowledge and experience and will examine the many demands of job and provide some effective and legal coping mechanisms. In addition to the MHA, the Code and the Regulations the course will analyse the relevance and implications of case law. It will also look at how the MCA and DoLs dovetail into the MHA. The course will enable a group of experienced MHAAs to get together and share both the demands of the job and some solutions." Price: £125 plus VAT (£150). See Peter Edwards Law Training website for further details and booking information.
- 13/08/19: Event. PELT: Accredited - Admission to the MHT Panel - Hoylake, 1/10/19 and 2/10/19 — "This course is designed for those who want to be accredited tribunal representatives. The course will also be of benefit for all those who want a more detailed understanding of tribunals. Day 2 will very useful for lawyers who are going through the reaccreditation." Price: £175 + VAT per day (£350 + VAT both days). See Peter Edwards Law Training website for further details and booking information.
Online CPD scheme providing 12 hours for £60: suitable for solicitors, barristers, psychiatrists, social workers and psychiatric nurses
The Magic Book is a database of contact details - please contribute to it (the process is quick and simple).
- MHLA: Foundation course - London, 28/8/19
- Northumbria University: The Legal Research Agenda for Medicine, Capacity and Mental Health: A Gap Analysis - Newcastle, 2/9/19
- PELT: Becoming a Mental Health Act Administrator - the Basics - Hoylake, 10/9/19
- PELT: Advanced course for Mental Health Act Administrators - Hoylake, 11/9/19
- Edge Training: Understanding the Court of Protection - London, 30/9/19
- PELT: Accredited - Admission to the MHT Panel - Hoylake, 1/10/19 and 2/10/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - London, 4/10/19
- Edge Training: AMHP Legal Update - London, 7/10/19
- Edge Training: MHA and MCA Interaction - London, 14/10/19
- Court of Protection User Group Meeting - London, 15/10/19
- PELT: Introduction to the MHA - Hoylake, 16/10/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - Manchester, 18/10/19
- PELT: Introduction to MCA and DOLS - Hoylake, 29/10/19
- Edge Training: BIA Report Writing - London, 8/11/19
- Edge Training: Self Neglect and the Mental Capacity Act - London, 11/11/19
- Edge Training: Unconscious Bias Training - London, 18/11/19
- Edge Training: DOLS Authorised Signatories Training - London, 18/11/19
- PELT: Depriving Children and Young People of their Liberty Lawfully - Hoylake, 20/11/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - London, 22/11/19
- Edge Training: DOL, Children and Young People - London, 25/11/19
- PELT: Mental Health Act Masterclass - Legal Update - Hoylake, 27/11/19
- PELT: Introduction to using COP including s21A Appeals - Hoylake, 28/11/19
- Edge Training: Hoarding and the Law - London, 29/11/19
- Edge Training: DOLS MH Assessors Annual Refresher Course - London, 2/12/19
- PELT: Getting ready for Liberty Protection Safeguards - Hoylake, 3/12/19
- Edge Training: 2019 AMHP Conference - London, 6/12/19
- PELT: COP/MCA Masterclass - Legal Update - Hoylake, 12/12/19
- Edge Training: MCA and Tenancy Agreements - London, 16/12/19
- Edge Training: BIA Legal Update (Annual Refresher) - London, 16/12/19
We benefit when you buy fromhaving come from this website