Mental Health Law Online
The internet resource on mental health law, and mental capacity law, for England & Wales. You can read a review of the site here.
- 21/02/19: Case (Contractual dispute between Health Board and independent hospital company). Priory Healthcare Limited v Highland Health Board (2019) CSOH 17 — A patient from Scotland travelled to England and was detained at a Priory hospital, and for a few months the Highland Health Board paid the £540-per-day fee. When the Health Board decided to stop paying, the Priory unsuccessfully argued that the that the Health Board was contractually obliged to meet the continuing cost of the patient's care.
- 21/02/19: Case (Litigation friends for children in immigration tribunal proceedings). R (JS) v SSHD (2019) UKUT 64 (IAC) — The Upper Tribunal provided mainly age-based guidance on whether a child applicant in immigration proceedings requires a litigation friend, and on the role of the litigation friend.
- 20/02/19: Event. Edge Training: Hoarding and the Law - London, 21/6/19 — This one-day interactive course for mental health and social care professionals reviews the different manifestations of hoarding and the possible origins of this behaviour, and then considers a range of possible responses under the law and where each one might be appropriate. Speaker: Simon Foster. Cost: £140 plus VAT. See Edge Training website for further details and booking information.
- 20/02/19: Event. Edge Training: MCA and Tenancy Agreements - London, 14/6/19 — This course will consider how staff should assess mental capacity in relation to tenancy agreements and the key case law in this area. It will also consider the legal validity of tenancy agreements signed by, or on behalf of, those lacking capacity; and when people lacking capacity may be placed without a tenancy agreement being in place. Speaker: Aasya Mughal. Cost: £140 plus VAT. See Edge Training website for further details and booking information.
Online CPD scheme providing 12 hours for £60: suitable for solicitors, barristers, psychiatrists, social workers and psychiatric nurses
The Magic Book is a database of contact details - please contribute to it (the process is quick and simple).
- Edge Training: DOLS Authorised Signatories - London, 25/2/19
- PELT: Introduction to the Mental Health Act - Hoylake, 26/2/19
- MHLA: Panel course - London, 27/2/19 and 28/2/19
- Edge Training: Level 3 Safeguarding Adults, London 4/3/19
- MHLA: Panel course - Leeds, 6/3/19 and 7/3/19
- Edge Training: DOLS Conference - London, 8/3/19
- Edge Training: Understanding the Court of Protection - London, 15/3/19
- Edge Training: AMHP Legal Update - London, 18/3/19
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards - London, 18/3/19
- Edge Training: DOL, children and young people - London, 22/3/19
- Edge Training: BIA Legal Update (Annual Refresher) - London, 1/4/19
- PELT: Introduction to MCA and DOLS - Hoylake, 10/4/19
- Edge Training: BIA Report Writing - London, 26/4/19
- Court of Protection User Group Meeting - London, 30/4/19
- PELT: Depriving Children and Young People of their liberty lawfully - Hoylake, 9/5/19
- PELT: Mental Health Act Masterclass (new material) - Hoylake, 14/5/19
- PELT: Court of Protection Masterclass (new material) - Hoylake, 16/5/19
- PELT: Introduction to using Court of Protection - Hoylake, 5/6/19
- Edge Training: MCA and Tenancy Agreements - London, 14/6/19
- Edge Training: Hoarding and the Law - London, 21/6/19
- Edge Training: AMHP Legal Update - London, 7/10/19
We benefit when you buy fromhaving come from this website