Stephensons Solicitors, Wigan - COP Solicitor (listed until 7/7/22)
Title: Solicitor - Court of Protection
Hours: 9am – 5pm (Flexible)
Salary: Dependant on experience
- Are you a Solicitor looking for an exciting, new opportunity?
- How would you like to work in our high regarded, specialist Court of Protection department, alongside a supportive and down to earth team?
- What about having hours autonomy and a flexible environment?
About The Role:
To provide advice, assistance and representation to family members and litigation friends (on behalf vulnerable adults lacking mental capacity) in Court of Protection and Judicial Review proceedings. Advocacy before the Court. Progression of own case load on a profitable and efficient basis. Development of work type and obtaining new business.
For the role you will be required to be a Qualified Solicitor with a current Practicing Certificate / Legal executive or have experience in this area of law whilst training before qualification.
You would also need:
- Previous case load experience
- Previous experience of working with the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and welfare cases before the Court of Protection
- Previous experience of legal aid.
- Good computer literacy and range of programmes
About the Team:
The successful candidate will be joining the team at a very exciting stage. The team has doubled in size over the last year and is continuing to expand and grow.
Please watch this video for details about our Court of Protection team.
Stephensons is an award winning, top 150 law firm with a strong commitment to the future growth and development of the business. With an ambitious mind set, yet approachable and down to earth attitude, Stephensons provides an exciting place for long term career development and progression. Whilst we do look for highly motivated and driven individuals, we also have a strong commitment to work life balance and flexibility.
Why not visit our website to see why you should come and work for us.
What else can we offer you?
Visit our website to view details of our benefits package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Agile/remote working
- Well-being package inc (financial, physical, mental and dietary heath support)
- Free parking
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Competitive salary and holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale & purchase scheme
- Season ticket & travel support
- Payroll giving scheme
- Social events & clubs
- Internal referral scheme
- Retail vouchers/cashback schemes
- Early monthly pay scheme
- Free eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Savings Schemes
Contact Bethany Mann: email@example.com or 01942 774091