September 2008 chronology
See September 2008 update for a summary of these changes.
- 25/09/08: The Incorporated Council of Law Reporting have agreed for their free WLR (D) reports to be used on this site. The following pages now contain ICLR law reports: G v Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 1096 (Admin); R (Brooke) v Parole Board  EWCA Civ 29; R v B (2008) WLR (D) 296; Bailey v Warren  EWCA Civ 51; R (K) v West London MH NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 118; R (AL) v SSHD  EWCA Civ 2; R (MH) v Secretary of State for the Department of Health  UKHL 60; Seal v Chief Constable of South Wales Police  EWCA Civ 586; Ward v Commissioner of Police for the Metropolis  UKHL 32; R (B) v Ashworth Hospital Authority  UKHL 20; R (B) v Dr SS  EWCA Civ 28; Sheffield City Council v E  EWHC 2808 (Fam).
- 23/09/08: On 17/9/08 the Welsh Ministers laid the following secondary legislation before the National Assembly for Wales: Mental Health (Hospital, Guardianship, Community Treatment and Consent to Treatment) (Wales) Regulations 2008; Mental Health (Approval of Persons to be Approved Mental Health Professionals) (Wales) Regulations 2008; Mental Health (Conflicts of Interest) (Wales) Regulations 2008; Mental Health (Independent Mental Health Advocates) (Wales) Regulations 2008. At the same time they made the Mental Health (Nurses) (Wales) Order 2008. Directions regarding Approved Clinicians will follow in due course. See Mental Health Act 2007 page for more detail.
- 22/09/08: Links to Bailii transcripts added for various older cases: R v Antoine  UKHL 20; R v Antoine  EWCA Crim 1171; R v Antoine  EWCA Crim 1170; R v Paul Martin  EWCA Crim 3166; R (A) v Harrow Crown Court  EWHC 2020 (Admin); R (Chavda) v London Borough of Harrow  EWHC 3064 (Admin).
- 21/09/08: Links to ICLR Weekly Law Reports (Daily) added to the following cases: G v Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust  EWHC 1096 (Admin); R (Brooke) v Parole Board  EWCA Civ 29; Seal v. Chief Constable of South Wales Police  UKHL 31; Sheffield City Council v E  EWHC 2808 (Fam). More to follow.
- 21/09/08: Links to Family Law Week summaries added to the following capacity cases: KC v City of Westminster Social and Community Services Department  EWCA Civ 198; RP v Nottingham City Council  EWCA Civ 462; A Primary Care Trust v AH  EWHC 1403 (Fam); London Borough of Ealing v KS  EWHC 636 (Fam); Re PS (An Adult)  EWHC 623 (Fam); Re MM (An Adult)  EWHC 2003 (Fam); [Re MM (An Adult); Local Authority X v MM  EWHC 2689 (Fam)]]; Trust A v H (An Adult Patient)  EWHC 1230 (Fam).
- 19/09/08: Links to English secondary legislation added: Mental Health Act 1983 Approved Clinician (General) Directions 2008; Mental Health (Mutual Recognition) Regulations 2008; Mental Health (Conflicts of Interest) (England) Regulations 2008; Mental Health (Approved Mental Health Professionals) (Approval) (England) Regulations 2008; Mental Health (Nurses) (England) Order 2008.
- 18/09/08: To encourage people to contribute - if you have edited a page your user name (or real name if you choose to use it) will now be shown at the bottom of the page.
- 18/09/08: Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983 published on 17/9/08 to replace MHA Memorandum.
- 17/09/08: The MHA 1983 Code of Practice for England refers to various "related materials" - links to all these documents have been added to the Code of Practice Mental Health Act 1983 page.
- 16/09/08: Three new case transcripts added to site, having been provided by the claimant's solicitor: GD v Hospital Managers of Edgware Community Hospital CO/5733/2008, BB v Cygnet Health Care  EWHC 1259 (Admin), and M v Hospital Managers of Queen Mary's Hospital  EWHC 1959 (Admin). If you have any transcripts which aren't on Bailii then please send them in (see How to help the site).
- MHA 2007 commencement orders 4 to 6 come into force (1/4/08, 30/4/08, 3/11/08 and 4/5/09)
- Care Quality Commission to replace Healthcare Commission, Commission for Social Care Inspection (CSCI) and Mental Health Act Commission (MHAC) in April 2009