MHA 1983 s17B
(Redirected from S17B)
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
- Reference Guide to the Mental Health Act 1983, 15. Supervised Community Treatment [Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide][Note that the chapter number relates to the old Reference Guide]
- Mental Health Act 1983 Code Of Practice for England, 25. Supervised community treatment
[17B.—(1) A community treatment order shall specify conditions to which the patient is to be subject while the order remains in force.
(2) But, subject to subsection (3) below, the order may specify conditions only if the responsible clinician, with the agreement of the approved mental health professional mentioned in section 17A(4)(b) above, thinks them necessary or appropriate for one or more of the following purposes—
- (a) ensuring that the patient receives medical treatment;
- (b) preventing risk of harm to the patient's health or safety;
- (c) protecting other persons.
(3) The order shall specify—
- (a) a condition that the patient make himself available for examination under section 20A below; and
- (b) a condition that, if it is proposed to give a certificate under Part 4A of this Act [that falls within section 64C(4) below] in his case, he make himself available for examination so as to enable the certificate to be given.
(4) The responsible clinician may from time to time by order in writing vary the conditions specified in a community treatment order.
(5) He may also suspend any conditions specified in a community treatment order.
(6) If a community patient fails to comply with a condition specified in the community treatment order by virtue of subsection (2) above, that fact may be taken into account for the purposes of exercising the power of recall under section 17E(1) below.
(7) But nothing in this section restricts the exercise of that power to cases where there is such a failure.]