Coronavirus Act 2020
Some changes made by SIs, e.g. to the HESC rules, cease to have effect on the same day that, and immediately after, section 55(b) (public participation in proceedings conducted by video or audio) of the Coronavirus Act 2020(1) expires for all purposes. Section 55 was repealed for most purposes on 28/6/22 (Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Act 2022) and for all purposes on 25/9/22. See s55 on the Legislation.gov.uk website.
MHRT for Wales
- Parliament website, 'Coronavirus Bill 2019-21'
- DHSC, 'Coronavirus bill: what it will do' (18/3/20)
- James Goddard, 'Coronavirus: emergency legislation' (House of Lords Library, 18/3/20)
- Simon Burrows, 'Amendments to the Mental Health Act 1983 proposed in the Coronavirus Bill 2020 as originally submitted to Parliament' (Law in the Time of Corona Blog, 23/3/20)
- Hill Dickinson LLP, 'Coronavirus Act - key facts' (26/3/20)