Campbell Law Solicitors, Milton Keynes - Mental health and capacity caseworker (deadline 9/7/23)
We are seeking a highly motivated and compassionate individual to join our specialist mental health & mental capacity solicitors’ firm in Milton Keynes as either a paralegal, Legal Executive or Solicitor (up to 3 years PQE).
In this role, you will be responsible for providing legal advice, assistance, representation, and support to clients for Mental Health Tribunals, Court of Protection proceedings and other aspects of mental health and mental capacity law.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge and/or experience of mental health and/or mental capacity law and/or previous experience of working with individuals with mental health and/or mental capacity issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially with vulnerable individuals.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A strong attention to detail but also able to see the “big picture” for clients.
- A clean driving licence, own car & willingness to travel to see clients, attend Courts, Tribunals, or meetings (although a lot of this work is now office based via video conference).
On the job training will be available for those without extensive prior knowledge and experience of these areas of law but who possess the aptitude and enthusiasm for this type of work. Assistance with working towards relevant panel memberships and legal qualifications can be given.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding role in mental health and mental capacity law, we would love to hear from you. Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a covering email to the Practice Manager, Jade Cassidy, via firstname.lastname@example.org, by 9th July 2023.