Mental Health Law Online
The internet resource on mental health law, and mental capacity law, for England & Wales. From April 2006 to September 2010 this website was called Wiki Mental Health. You can read a review of the site here.
Subscribe to free email updates and join the email discussion list.
- 21/03/17 (1): Edge Training: DOLS: a new beginning? - London, 31/3/17 — This half-day course aims to provide a detailed overview and analysis of the Law Commission's recent proposals and draft legislation to replace DOLS with the Liberty Protection Safeguards. It will consider the potential impact of the proposals on individuals, professionals and organisations. There are separate morning (0930-1230) and afternoon (1330-1630) sessions. Speaker: Steven Richards. Cost: £65 + VAT (£78). See flyer for further details and booking information.
- 17/03/17 (5): Edge Training: DOLS MH Assessor Annual Refresher Course - London, 24/4/17 — This refresher course has been designed to meet the needs of DOLS Mental Health Assessors. It will cover key topics that cause uncertainty or dilemmas for MH Assessors and go over the main basic requirements of this challenging role. Common Mental Health Act and DOLS interface issues will also be addressed such as the law around the provision of mental health treatment under DOLS. Speaker: Aasya Mughal. Cost: £180 + VAT (£216). See flyer for further details and booking information.
- 17/03/17 (4): Edge Training: Best Interests Assessors Report Writing Course - Sheffield, 27/3/17 — This course is targeted specifically at qualified Best Interests Assessors (BIAs) and aims to provide them with the knowledge and skills needed to ensure robust and legally defensible assessments under the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguarding (DOLS). Speaker: Piers McNeil. Cost: £130 + VAT (£156). See flyer for further details and booking information.
Online CPD scheme providing 12 points for £60: suitable for solicitors (SRA-accredited), barristers (established practitioners), psychiatrists, social workers and psychiatric nurses
Advertise your events here
- Edge Training: DOLS: a new beginning? - London, 31/3/17
- Edge Training: DOLS MH Assessor Annual Refresher Course - London, 24/4/17
- PELT: Depriving Children and Young People of their liberty lawfully - Hoylake, 25/4/17
- Edge Training: Hoarding and the Law - London, 8/5/17
- Edge Training: DOL in children and young people - London, 15/5/17
- PELT: Court of Protection Masterclass - Hoylake, 16/5/17
- Law and Compassion Research Network: Symposium on Law, Compassion, and Healthcare - London, 18/5/17
- PELT: Mental Health Act masterclass and legal update - Hoylake, 18/5/17
- Edge Training: DOLS Authorised Signatories - London, 26/5/17
- PELT: Introduction to Care Act for those working with MHA or MCA - Hoylake, 15/6/17
- PELT: Introduction to Forensic Patients - Hoylake, 11/7/17
- PELT: DOL made simple, including MHA or MCA - Hoylake, 20/7/17
- Edge Training: Hoarding and the Law - London, 6/10/17
We benefit when you buy from Amazon having come from this website
- Richard Jones, Mental Health Act Manual (19th edn, Sweet & Maxwell 2016)·
- Richard Jones, Mental Capacity Act Manual (7th edn, Sweet & Maxwell 2016)·
- Sarah Johnston et al, Mental Health Tribunal Handbook (LAG 2015)·
- Alex Ruck Keene et al, Court of Protection Handbook: A User's Guide (2nd edn, LAG 2016)·
- Phil Fennell et al, Mental Health Tribunals: Law, Policy and Practice (Law Society, 2013)· — Foreword | Review | 20% discount
- More books...