Revision as of 14:55, 25 February 2020 by Jonathan (Removing DISPLAYTITLE (experimenting))
Mental Health Law Online
The internet resource on mental health law, and mental capacity law, for England & Wales. You can read a review of the site here.
Stay up to date
- 26/09/20: Medical treatment book. Ben Troke, 'A Practical Guide to the Law of Medical Treatment Decisions' (Law Brief Publishing — This book is aimed not only at lawyers, but also clinicians and anyone with an interest in how medical treatment decisions are made.
- 25/09/20: ASC winter plan. DHSC, 'Adult social care: our COVID-19 winter plan 2020 to 2021' (18/9/20) — "Here we set out the key elements of national support available for the social care sector for winter 2020 to 2021, as well as the main actions to take for local authorities, NHS organisations, and social care providers, including in the voluntary and community sector."
- 25/09/20: Coronavirus care home visiting guidance. DHSC, 'Update on policies for visiting arrangements in care homes' (updated 21/9/20) — "Directors of public health and care providers should follow this guidance to ensure policies for visiting arrangements and decisions are based on a dynamic risk assessment and minimise risk wherever possible." The only difference between this and the 31/7/20 version of the page is the addition of the following text to the top of the page: "For the latest care home visiting guidance please see the Adult social care: coronavirus (COVID-19) winter plan 2020 to 2021. This guidance will be updated shortly."
- 23/09/20: Event. MHLA: Panel course (online, 12-14 Oct 2020) — The MHLA is an approved provider of the two-day course which must be attended by prospective members of the Law Society’s mental health accreditation scheme. The course will take place via Zoom on three consecutive afternoons, from 1300 until 1700 each day. Price: £300 (MHLA members); £390 (non-members); £270 (group discount). Booking closes at 1700 on 30/9/20. See MHLA website for further details and to book online.
- No current job adverts
Online CPD scheme providing 12 hours for £60: suitable for solicitors, barristers, psychiatrists, social workers and psychiatric nurses
The Magic Book is a database of contact details - please contribute to it (the process is quick and simple).
- PELT: Accredited - Admission to the MHT Panel (online, 28/9/20 and 29/9/20)
- Edge Training: DOLS Authorised Signatories (online, 28/9/20 and 30/9/20)
- Court of Protection User Group Meeting (London, 8/10/20)
- MHLA: Panel course (online, 12-14 Oct 2020)
- PELT: Mental Health Act Masterclass - Legal Update (online, 14/10/20)
- PELT: Court of Protection/MCA Masterclass - Legal Update (online, 16/10/20)
- PELT: Introduction to using Court of Protection including s21A Appeals (online, 27/10/20)
- Edge Training: Transforming Care (online 10/11/20 and 11/11/20)
- Edge Training: Liberty Protection Safeguards (online, 23/11/20)
- Edge Training: DOLS Mental Health Assessors Annual Refresher Course (online, 30/11/20)
- MHLA: Foundation course (Manchester, 2020, new date TBC)
- Thalamos: Expert Report Writing - The Fundamentals (Birmingham, autumn 2020)
- PELT: Depriving Children and Young People of their liberty lawfully (Hoylake, postponed)
- MHLA: Legal Aid Supervision (Birmingham, 2020, new date TBC)
- MHLA: Restricted Cases (Leeds, 2020, new date TBC)
We benefit when you buy fromhaving come from this website