MHA 1983 s130J
Mental Health Act 2007
- This section is not changed by the Mental Health Act 2007.
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page. No results
[The chapter/paragraph numbers which appear below (if any) refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Welsh qualifying informal patients
130J.—(1) This section applies for the purposes of section 130E above.
(2) A patient is a Welsh qualifying informal patient if–
- (a) the patient is an in-patient at a hospital or registered establishment situated in Wales;
- (b) the patient is receiving treatment for, or assessment in relation to, mental disorder at the hospital or registered establishment; and
- (c) no application, order, direction or report renders the patient liable to be detained under this Act.]
- Mental Health (Wales) Measure 2010 s36; Mental Health (Wales) Measure 2010 (Commencement No.1 and Transitional Provision) Order 2011/3046 art 3(d) (2/4/12); subject to the transitional provision that 'where a qualifying patient in Wales is receiving help under arrangements made under section 130A ... [f]rom the 3/1/12 the help is to be treated as if it had been given under arrangements made under section 130E' (same Order, art 5)