MCA 2005 s57
Revision as of 13:45, 16 December 2006 by Jonathan
The Public Guardian
(1) For the purposes of this Act, there is to be an officer, to be known as the Public Guardian.
(2) The Public Guardian is to be appointed by the Lord Chancellor.
(3) There is to be paid to the Public Guardian out of money provided by Parliament such salary as the Lord Chancellor may determine.
(4) The Lord Chancellor may, after consulting the Public Guardian-
- (a) provide him with such officers and staff, or
- (b) enter into such contracts with other persons for the provision (by them or their sub-contractors) of officers, staff or services,
as the Lord Chancellor thinks necessary for the proper discharge of the Public Guardian's functions.
(5) Any functions of the Public Guardian may, to the extent authorised by him, be performed by any of his officers.
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.