Part V contents
65, 66, 67, 68, 68A, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79
I, II, III, IV, 4A, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, Schedules
Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
- R (MN) v MHRT  EWHC 3383 (Admin) — Tribunal application made under s70 when patient subject to s47/49 (restricted transfer direction) lapses when s49 (restriction direction) lapses; to avoid delay, the application can be treated as if it were an application under s69(2)(a).
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Applications to tribunals concerning restricted patients
70. A patient who is a restricted patient within the meaning of section 79 below and is detained in a hospital may apply to [the appropriate tribunal]—
- (a) in the period between the expiration of six months and the expiration of 12 months beginning with the date of the relevant hospital order[, hospital direction] or transfer direction; and
- (b) in any subsequent period of 12 months.
- ↑ Transfer of Tribunal Functions Order 2008 wef 3/11/08
- ↑ Crime (Sentences) Act 1997