Removal to England and Wales
11.—(1) This regulation shall apply to any patient who is removed to England or Wales under Part VI of the Act or Part VI of the Mental Health (Scotland) Act 1960(a) (removal and return of patients within United Kingdom).
(2) The appropriate medical officer shall record, in the form set out on Form 32, his opinion as to the form or forms ofmental disorder from which a patient to whom this regulation applies is suffering—
- (a) where the patient is or becomes at the time ofhis removal subject to an order or direction restricting his discharge, or is treated as being so subject, as soon as is reasonably practicable after he ceases to be so subject; and
- (b) in any other case, as soon as reasonably practicable after the patient’s removal.
(3) Where a patient to whom this regulation applies is liable to be detained in a hospital, the managers of the hospital shall record in the form set out in Form 33 the date on which the patient is admitted to the hospital, and shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, inform the patient’s nearest relative, if any, of the admission.
(4) Where a patient to whom this regulation applies is received into guardianship—
- (a) the guardian shall record in the form set out in Form 33 the date on which the patient arrives at the place at which the patient is to reside on his reception into guardianship under the Act;
- (b) the guardian shall, as soon as reasonably practicable, inform the patient’s nearest relative, if any, that the patient has been received into guardianship under the Act; and
- (c) a private guardian shall notify the responsible local social services authority of the date mentioned in sub-paragraph (a) and of the particulars mentioned in regulation 12(b) and (e).