From Mental Health Law Online
Part VI contents
80, 80ZA, 80A, 80B, 80C, 80D, 81, 81ZA, 81A, 82, 82A, 83, 83ZA, 83A, 84, 85, 85ZA, 85A, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92
I, II, III, IV, 4A, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, Schedules
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Transfer of responsibility for conditionally discharged patients to Scotland
80A.—(1) If it appears to the Secretary of State, in the case of a patient who—
- (a) is subject to a restriction order under section 41 above; and
- (b) has been conditionally discharged under section 42 or 73 above,
that a transfer under this section would be in the interests of the patient, the Secretary of State may, with the consent of the Minister exercising corresponding functions in Scotland, transfer responsibility for the patient to that Minister.
- ↑ Mental Health Act 2007 s39 & sch 5; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 7 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2008 wef 3/11/08
- ↑ Crime (Sentences) Act 1997
- ↑ Mental Health (Care and Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003 (Consequential Provisions) Order 2005