Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.0.11: Warning: No results.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Interpretation of Part 4A
[64K.—(1) This Part of this Act is to be construed as follows.
(2) References to a patient who lacks capacity are to a patient who lacks capacity within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
(3) References to a patient who has capacity are to be read accordingly.
(4) References to a donee are to a donee of a lasting power of attorney (within the meaning of section 9 of the Mental Capacity Act 2005) created by the patient, where the donee is acting within the scope of his authority and in accordance with that Act.
(5) References to a deputy are to a deputy appointed for the patient by the Court of Protection under section 16 of the Mental Capacity Act 2005, where the deputy is acting within the scope of his authority and in accordance with that Act.
(6) Reference to the responsible clinician shall be construed as a reference to the responsible clinician within the meaning of Part 2 of this Act.
(7) References to a hospital include a registered establishment.
(8) Section 64(3) above applies for the purposes of this Part of this Act as it applies for the purposes of Part 4 of this Act.]