Part VIII contents
114, 114ZA, 114A, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125
I, II, III, IV, 4A, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, Schedules
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.0.11: Warning: No results.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
Practitioners approved for Part IV and section 118
119.—(1) [The regulatory authority] may make such provision as [it] may with the approval of the Treasury determine for the payment of remuneration, allowances, pensions or gratuities to or in respect of registered medical practitioners appointed [by the authority] for the purposes of Part IV of this Act and section 118 above and to or in respect of other persons appointed for the purposes of section 57(2)(a) above.
(2) A registered medical practitioner or other person appointed [...] for the purposes of the provisions mentioned in subsection (1) above may, for the purpose of exercising his functions under those provisions [or under Part 4A of this Act], at any reasonable time—
- (a) visit and interview and, in the case of a registered medical practitioner, examine in private any patient detained [in a hospital or registered establishment or any community patient in a hospital or [regulated establishment (other than a hospital)] or (if access is granted) other place]; and
- (b) require the production of and inspect any records relating to the treatment of the patient [there].
[(3) In this section “regulated establishment” means—
- (a) an establishment in respect of which a person is registered under Part 2 of the Care Standards Act 2000; or
- (b) premises used for the carrying on of a regulated activity, within the meaning of Part 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008, in respect of which a person is registered under Chapter 2 of that Part.]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Health and Social Care Act 2008 sch 3; Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Commencement No 9, Consequential Amendments and Transitory, Transitional and Saving Provisions) Order 2009 wef 1/4/09
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Mental Health Act 2007 s35; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No.7 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2008 wef 3/11/08
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Consequential Amendments No.2) Order 2010/813 art 5(4), wef 1/10/10