Part VIII contents
114, 114ZA, 114A, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125
I, II, III, IV, 4A, V, VI, VIII, IX, X, Schedules
Change made by Mental Health Act 2007
Any cases with a hyperlink to this legislation will automatically be added here. There may be other relevant cases without a hyperlink, so please check the mental health case law page.
Extension:DynamicPageList (DPL), version 3.0.11: Warning: No results.
[The chapter/paragraph numbers here refer to the 2008 versions of the Code of Practice and Reference Guide.]
[Approval of courses: Wales]
[114A.—(1) [(1) The Care Council for Wales may, in accordance with rules made by it, approve courses for persons who are, or wish to become, approved to act as approved mental health professionals by a local social services authority whose area is in Wales.]
(2) For that purpose—
- (a) subsections (2) to (4)(a) and (7) of section 63 of the Care Standards Act 2000 apply as they apply to approvals given, rules made and courses approved under that section; and
- (b) sections 66 and 71 of that Act apply accordingly.
(4) The functions of an approved mental health professional shall not be considered to be relevant social work for the purposes of Part 4 of the Care Standards Act 2000.
(5) The [...] Care Council for Wales may also carry out, or assist other persons in carrying out, research into matters relevant to training for approved mental health professionals.]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Health and Social Care Act 2012 s217; Health and Social Care Act 2012 (Commencement No.1 and Transitory Provision) Order 2012/1319 (1/8/12)
- ↑ Inserted by Mental Health Act 2007 s19; Mental Health Act 2007 (Commencement No. 3) Order 2007 wef 1/10/07