Proposal for cross-border placement
26. (1) This paragraph applies where a public authority proposes to place an adult in an establishment in a Convention country other than England and Wales.
(2) The public authority must consult an appropriate authority in that other country about the proposed placement and, for that purpose, must send it-
(3) If the appropriate authority in the other country opposes the proposed placement within a reasonable time, the public authority may not proceed with it.
27. A proposal received by a public authority under Article 33 in relation to an adult is to proceed unless the authority opposes it within a reasonable time.
Adult in danger etc.
28. (1) This paragraph applies if a public authority is told that an adult-
is, or has become resident, in a Convention country other than England and Wales.
(2) The public authority must tell an appropriate authority in that other country about-
29. A public authority may not request from, or send to, an appropriate authority in a Convention country information in accordance with Chapter 5 (co-operation) in relation to an adult if it thinks that doing so-
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.