Commencement and extent
(1) This Act, other than sections 30 to 41, comes into force in accordance with provision made by order by the Lord Chancellor.
(2) Sections 30 to 41 come into force in accordance with provision made by order by-
- (a) the Secretary of State, in relation to England, and
- (b) the National Assembly for Wales, in relation to Wales.
(3) An order under this section may appoint different days for different provisions and different purposes.
(4) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), this Act extends to England and Wales only.
(5) The following provisions extend to the United Kingdom-
- (a) paragraph 16(1) of Schedule 1 (evidence of instruments and of registration of lasting powers of attorney),
- (b) paragraph 15(3) of Schedule 4 (evidence of instruments and of registration of enduring powers of attorney).
(6) Subject to any provision made in Schedule 6, the amendments and repeals made by Schedules 6 and 7 have the same extent as the enactments to which they relate.
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.