Existing receivers and enduring powers of attorney etc.
66.—(1) The following provisions cease to have effect-
- (a) Part 7 of the Mental Health Act,
- (b) the Enduring Powers of Attorney Act 1985 (c. 29).
(2) No enduring power of attorney within the meaning of the 1985 Act is to be created after the commencement of subsection (1)(b).
(3) Schedule 4 has effect in place of the 1985 Act in relation to any enduring power of attorney created before the commencement of subsection (1)(b).
(4) Schedule 5 contains transitional provisions and savings in relation to Part 7 of the Mental Health Act and the 1985 Act.
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.