[52.—(1) Directions as to the practice and procedure of the court may be given in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 2 to the Constitutional Reform Act 2005.
(2) Practice directions given otherwise than under subsection (1) may not be given without the approval of—
- (a) the Lord Chancellor, and
- (b) the Lord Chief Justice.
(3) The Lord Chief Justice may nominate any of the following to exercise his functions under this section—
- (a) the President of the Court of Protection;
- (b) a judicial office holder (as defined in section 109(4) of the Constitutional Reform Act 2005).]
The Mental Capacity Act 2005 has been fully in force since 1 October 2007. For details of proposed amendments, see Mental Health Act 2007.