Legal Services Act 2007 (Consequential Amendments) Order 2009/3348
This Order amends the Court of Protection Rules 2007 by amending the definition of 'legal representative' in rule 6. In force 1/1/10.
In rule 6 of the Court of Protection Rules 2007 for the definition of “legal representative” substitute—
- ““legal representative” means a—
- (a) barrister,
- (b) solicitor,
- (c) solicitor's employee,
- (d) manager of a body recognised under section 9 of the Administration of Justice Act 1985, or
- (e) person who, for the purposes of the Legal Services Act 2007, is an authorised person in relation to an activity which constitutes the conduct of litigation (within the meaning of that Act),
- who has been instructed to act for a party in relation to any application;.”.